The Courtyard Market, located in the American River Courtyard, offers a wide variety of delicious healthy, organic, and locally grown foods. From freshly made to specialty snacks, including gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan options, there’s something for everyone’s appetite.
- Made-to-order deli sandwiches
- Hot entrees
- Fresh-baked pizza
Flex$, cash, and credit cards are accepted.
Box lunches are available when you’re unable to eat in the Dining Commons. Just complete the box lunch request form and take it to the Dining Commons cashier. Advance notice of 24 hours is required.
Box Lunch Request (PDF)
Floor Dinners, Parties, and BBQs
The Dining Commons offers a variety of special dinners and party options. Watch for advertisements or ask your Resident Advisor for details.
The Dining Commons staff will work with students to identify foods to meet specific dietary needs. Please call us at (916) 278-7502 to discuss your specific situation. We have many vegetarian options in the Dining Commons and the Courtyard Market.
To-Go Meal Option
If you’re on the run and unable to enjoy a meal in the DC dining room, you can use the To-Go meal option in your meal plan.
- When you arrive at the DC, please let the cashier know you’d like a To-Go meal.
- The cashier will swipe your card and give you a To-Go plate—it’s sustainable and compostable!
- When you make your meal selections, please choose one or two entrees, one or two sides, and a dessert. For good health, include fruits and vegetables in your selections. The brighter the colors on your plate, the healthier your meal!
- We encourage you to use the free beverage cup that you received during move-in weekend, however, you can request a cup and lid from the cashier or you can use your own beverage container.
- At the cashier, you’ll find napkins, utensils, and plastic wrap to cover your plate.
- Enjoy your meal!
Taking Food Out
If you dine in the Dining Room on the “All You Care to Eat” plan, you may take out one piece of fruit and a beverage in your free Dining Commons mug. Stop by the Meal Card Office in Dining Services at the River Front Center to pick it up.
Guests must pay in cash, meal credits, or Flex$ to use the Dining Commons. Residents are responsible for the behavior of their guests.
Silverware and dishes are available to check out. Please see the Dining Commons cashier.
Shoes and shirts are required in the Dining Commons at all times.
You and your friends or guests should conduct yourselves in an orderly manner while at the dining facility. The Dining Commons reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for misconduct. Repeated or serious offenses can result in the loss of dining or housing privileges. All residence hall rules and regulations are enforced in the Dining Commons. Misconduct includes but is not limited to:
- Failure to bus your own table
- Food fights
- Taking food or property out of the building
- Loaning your meal card to others
- Abusive behavior and/or language